Monday, 24 February 2014

Welcome to my cruelty free collection Illamasqua!

 
  1. Several cosmetic tests commonly performed on mice, rats, rabbits, and guinea pigs include:
    • skin and eye irritation tests where chemicals are rubbed on shaved skin or dripped into the eyes without any pain relief.
    • repeated force-feeding studies that last weeks or months, to look for signs of general illness or specific health hazards.
    • widely condemned “lethal dose” tests, where animals are forced to swallow large amounts of a test chemical to determine what dose causes death.


 

I thought I would post a little something about the products in my kit and why!

 
My makeup kit is my pride and joy; I collect only the most beautiful products from a lot different ranges, the tried and true!


 For me, products have to pass my test in order for them to have a home in my kit, however today I will be focusing on just one.

If you didn’t gather from the title, it must pass the CRUELTY FREE test!  That is, the products should be dermatologically tested on humans, not wee little animals. With the strong knowledge we have today there is no reason to test on animals, if the ingredient is that iffy, why the need to put it in a cosmetic? The bunny is not going to tell you whether that lipstick made her lips chap, or the mascara has made her eyes sting. Instead she will most likely be just feeling miserable, for what??  She wont be wearing it.. Her complexion doesn’t even match that blush!


The segment I posted at the beginning really is quite disturbing and to think it is only a small portion of what actually happens.


So this is why my kit is  filled with gorgeous products that do not test on animals, not just in Australia, but across other countries. This is something that I firmly believe in. I strive to find great quality products and support those companies who support a better future.
 

 I know you will love the products too!

The products I love are....

 
Nutrimetics – perfect for everyday wear, naturally derived ingredients. Their skincare is also divine (see www.nutrimetics.com.au/cherina)

Coastal Scents – where I purchase my brushes – available at coastalscents.com






Mik@vonk – perfect for photo-ready occasions where you will be snapped happy (I am a stockist so feel free to contact me via my website www.cmakeupartistry.com.au).

Illamasqua – also great for photo-ready, bright and fun, very pigmented glam makeup! Available in store at MYER


To show your support see below link

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment